WOKobe is the official representative of Kobe city and contact point in Europe.
We are a non-profit organization. We encourage cross-border partnerships between Europe and Kobe city. Our goal is to inspire companies, from start-ups to corporations, to think big. We support them in finding new business activities and help making informed decisions about their step forward – towards Kobe. Diversity in businesses and industries makes up Kobe’s charm.
What we do
Rapid developments in the economic climate have led to an increased awareness of globalisation and innovation. The COVID-19 outbreak is characterised by unpredictable and uncontrollable demands that required us to react speedy and team up internationally. We want to gather entrepreneurs, companies, stakeholders and interested groups around one table to seek solutions to the challenges of our time. We believe that intensive cross-border cooperation can foster innovation and strengthen the international markets to facilitate the development of cutting-edge technologies and social, political, and economic change. We emphasize on the need to work together to improve our lives around the world.
- Cross-border Partnerships and
- Our main activity is “Minori”, a series of online networking and information events including small-scale business matching opportunities. We want to introduce European startups and corporations to counterparts and potential business partners in Kobe and facilitate expanding.
- Cross-border Partnerships and
- Collaborations and joint Activities
- Together with our partners in Germany and abroad we organize regular corporate events. Our previous collaborations with the International Startup Campus middle Germany (university alliance Leipzig, Halle, Jena), Japamburg/NIHHON, AsiaBerlin and the international Chamber of Commerce show our endeavor and versatile action fields.
- Mediation and Bridgebuilding
- Due to daily contact with the staff of Kobe city hall and our network in the city, we can refer you to suitable contact persons, subordinate institutions and partners. We are available throughout the entire process – from exploring your options to settling down in Kobe.
Our vision is to build a thriving economic ecosystem in Kobe by fostering collaboration and business ties between Europe and Kobe. Expediting internationally shared efforts to achieve great results is what we stand for. We believe that bundling expertise will encourage innovation and business development for a globalised world worthwhile living in.
- We aim to encourage companies to consider Kobe as a business location by highlighting chances and challenges for both business and private life. With individualised solutions and regular contact, you will find the right solution for your business.
- Network and collaboration
- Our network consists of partners inside and outside of Kobe. We are the bridge between Europe and Kobe as we connect governing bodies, Kobe residing companies and foreign affiliates.
- Advisory and support
- Familiarize yourself with opportunities in Kobe – subsidies, acceleration programmes, investment and financial support, housing and accommodation, visa. Prepare your next steps with us!
Executive Assistance & Innovation Advice